The faculty is situated on the Miletrie site, close to :
- the University Hospital
- the Biology / Health research center (gathering multidisciplinary research teams)
- the Sciences faculty
The faculty has a major role in Health Sciences research but also has the mission to train general practioners and specialists, pharmacists, midwives, speech therapists useful for health needs of the Poitou - Charentes area.
The educational mission is of primary importance because it determines the medical and pharmaceutical training capacities of the young people of the region who, at the end of their studies, will be able to practice their profession in the liberal or public sector.
The residents of General Medicine and the different specialities, can find in the hospital/univeristy of Poitiers network (as well as the hospitals of the region Poitou-Charentes) a training of which it is up to the Faculty to supervice the quality.
Research laboratories :
- Clinical Investigation Center of Poitiers (CIC Inserm 1402)
- Ischemia-Reperfusion (inserm U1082)
- Pharmacology and antimicrobial Agent (Inserm U1070)
- Experimental and Clinical Neurosciences Laboratory (LNEC - Inserm U1084)
- Inflammation, epithelial tissues and cytokines Laboratory (LITEC EA 4331)
- Neurovascular Unit and cognitive disorders (NEUVACOD EA 3808)
Read more + [PDF - 356 Ko] (french version)